Did you know...
Argotec's ArgoFlex- brand performance apparel and footwear films are formulated so you can create cost-effective waterproof-breathablility for maximum user comfort in today's outdoor and severe-weather fashions.
WATERPROOF BREATHABLE FILMS
Argotec extrudes the finest polyurethane and copolyester waterproof-breathable films in the industry. Super-thin, hydrophilic, ArgoFlex-brand films are ideal for lamination to fabrics used in today's most popular performance apparel and footwear. They are the product-of-choice specified by one of North America's largest retailers of hunting and other performance apparel, as well as being the perfect solution for waterproof breathability in a wide variety of other outdoor applications:
- Rain wear
- Golf wear
- Work wear
- Fishing gear
In addition to waterproofing the garment, glove, shoe or boot with a single film-to-fabric lamination, ArgoFlex WB films provide outstanding breathability to keep the hunter, climber, golfer, skier or other sports enthusiast dry and comfortable inside their clothing. Other desirable properties include:
- High moisture vapor transmission rate.
- Good drape.
- Excellent stretch and recovery.
- Adhesive characteristics provide very durable bonds.
- Compatible with all commercial lamination techniques for 2, 2½ and 3 layer fabrics.
- Lubricant-free formulations produce extremely durable laminations.
PRODUCT DIMENSION AND CARRIER OPTIONS
Super-thin ArgoFlex waterproof-breathable films are cast on polyethylene, polyester or paper carriers in thicknesses 0.2-6 mils (5-152 microns) and widths up to 68 inches (1.73 meters). Mid-performance waterproof breathable films are available without carrier in thickness of 0.8 mils (203 microns) or greater and widths up to 86 inches (2.18 meters).
WHY SPECIFY ARGOFLEX FILMS
Textile laminators and designers of waterproof-breathable apparel and footwear around the world look to Argotec for consistency above all else:
- Consistency of film recipe from one batch to the next.
- Consistency of film thickness from one part of the roll to another due to digital in-line gauge control.
- Consistency of lay-flat to minimize voids and bubbles in the laminating process.
- Consistency of cleanness and overall quality from digital, state-of-the-art, photographic inspection systems.
- Consistency of processability in the laminator's production operation.
- Consistency of the films' physical properties and overall performance characteristics.
INDUSTRY LEADING TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Engineers at the Argotec Innovation Center stand ready to interact with process engineers at the customer's location to ensure that all ArgoFlex waterproof-breathable films perform properly in their production processes. They are also available to test the newest resins, engineer distinct formulations, and to troubleshoot both new and existing applications.
Note: ArgoFlex® waterproof-breathable films were fomerly produced by Omniflex LLC, a joint venture formed in 1994 and acquired solely by Argotec in 2009.