Argotec is recognized as a leading global supplier of custom-engineered, high-performance, thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) film and sheet for a wide variety of critical specialty applications.
We have also earned an enviable reputation for being able to produce exceedingly high-quality films from other difficult-to-extrude polymers to meet virtually any general or specialty design need.
Argotec has extensive experience in the most advanced flat-die, cast-on-carrier, blown-film extrusion and multi-layer construction technologies.
While the "specialty of the house" is polyurethane film & sheet, Argotec prides itself on being able to produce the highest quality films from a variety of other exceedingly difficult-to-extrude specialty polymers, including:
- Aromatic polyester polyurethane
- Aromatic polyether polyurethane
- Aliphatic polyester polyurethane
- Aliphatic polyether polyurethane
- Aromatic polycaprolactone TPU
- Aliphatic polycaprolactone TPU
- Hard (rigid) polyurethanes
NEW ARGOTHANE D7101 THERMOFORMABLE ETPU SHEET
For more information on Argotec's new ArgoThane D7101 Thermoformable ETPU (engineering-grade thermoplastic polyurethane) Sheet, CLICK HERE.
BASIC FILM SIZES & THICKNESSES
Argotec offers precision film & sheet products in a variety of thicknesses and widths, depending on the type of extrusion method used.
|Blown film||0.8 to 12 mils||up to 86 inches|
|Flat-die sheet||5 to 50 mils||up to 78 inches|
|Cast-on-carrier film||0.5 to 12 mils||up to 65 inches|
|Multi-layer construction||0.5 to 80 mils||up to 65 inches|
While diameter will vary with the gauge of the film, Argotec can provide the longest, splice-free rolls in the industry.
Argotec films can be cast on carriers that provide ease of handling, especially with very thin films; carriers can also be used as a part of the finished application, as in medical transdermal or automotive paint protection applications. Available carriers include polyethylene, polyester, and paper.
TO MEET EVERY NEED
Argotec films are available with standard additive packages or mixed into custom formulations to provide the following characteristics:
- Flame resistance (UL V-O or equivalent).
- UV resistance to minimize yellowing or degradation.
- Antimicrobial resistance to infection- and odor-causing bacteria and fungus.
- Antistatic films.
- Conductive films.
- Extremely high optical clarity using aliphatic interlayering film.
- Custom-engineered slip properties to match customer requirements.
- NSF, FDA and USP approvals.
- Lubricant-free antiblocking properties in blown film.
Argotec can extrude its flat-die and cast-on-carrier films with three basic surface finishes:
- Smooth (natural)
Blown films are available only in smooth (natural) or rough finishes. Argotec film and sheet can also be extruded in a variety of colors.