Medical product designers and manufacturers around the world look to Argotec for consistent, reliable, polyurethane film and sheet products. Used in medical devices, as wound care and transdermal components, and in waterproof breathable textile composites, ArgoMed polyurethane films provide:
- Uniform thickness, 0.5 to 125 mils, widths up to 86 in.
- Consistent film recipe from one batch to the next.
- Lubricant-free processability.
- High MVT breathability, softness, conformability, stretch and recovery for patient comfort.
- No plasticizers to migrate or cause allergic reactions.
- Controlled peel adhesion.
- Polyethylene, polyester, and paper carriers for ease of handling very thin films, or as a component of the final application.
- Compatibility with all commercial adhesive systems.
- Withstands multiple commercial cleanings, as well as EtO, gamma, and autoclave sterilization.
- Consistent performance characteristics.
NEW ARGOMEDPLUS® 18411 FILM-ON-PAPER
FOR FRAME DRESSINGS & INCISE DRAPES
For over 10 years Argotec has supplied ArgoMed® 18411 aromatic polyether polyurethane film on a polyethylene carrier for successful use in IV-site and other dressing and drape applications. Now, after extensive research, testing and capital investment, Argotec offers the medical wound care marketplace this same versatile film on special paper that provides just the right peel (release) properties for use in kiss-cutting of windows in frame-type dressings and drapes. Medical supply retailer/distributors, tape converters and adhesive coaters now have a film-on-paper alternative to choose for the manufacture of these widely used wound care dressings and drapes.
Click here for more information at the new ArgoMedPLUS 18411 page
here to download the ArgoMedPLUS 18411 news release
Click here for the ArgoMedPLUS 18411 Tech Data Sheet
Click here for the ArgoMedPLUS 18411 Application Bulletin
Click here for the ArgoMedPLUS 18411 historical white paper
BARRIER FILM TECHNOLOGY
The physical structure and puncture resistance of ArgoMed films allows them to act as both liquid and viral barriers, shielding patients and staff from potentially harmful blood-borne pathogens. In addition, ArgoMed films can be engineered to incorporate antimicrobial components that help reduce the growth of damaging bacteria/micro-organisms that may degrade the exposed film surface..
FORMULATIONS FOR MANY APPLICATIONS
Thin or thick, gloss or matte, aliphatic or aromatic, polyester or polyether ‒ Argotec offers a full line of high-performance films for use in a variety of critical medical applications. Following are a few examples of successful uses of polyurethane film and sheet:
- IV site dressings.
- Transdermal patches.
- Thin film wound dressings.
- Cast and dressing covers.
- Surgical gowns & drapes.
- Puncture-resistant gloves.
- Incontinence pads.
- Compression dressings.
- Orthopedic gel insoles.
- Medical anti-shock trousers.
- Gel-filled positioning pads.
- Inflatable support bladders.
- Pressure infuser cuffs.
- Extraction bags.
- Hospital mattresses, covers.
- Orthodontic brace aligners.
It's no wonder ArgoMed polyurethane films are fast becoming the first choice of medical designers, manufacturers, laminators, and adhesive coaters worldwide.
INDUSTRY LEADING TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Engineers at the Argotec Innovation Center stand ready to interact with process engineers at the customer's location to ensure that all ArgoMed films perform properly in their production processes. They are also available to test the newest resins, engineer distinct formulations, and to troubleshoot both new and existing applications.